Click here to sign the petition.
The campaign is supported by Aberdeen Defend Education Cuts (ADEC); Aberdeen Students Against Cuts (ASAC) and Aberdeen University Students Association (AUSA).
The union is saying NO to compulsory redundancies because:
· Through the Voluntary Severance Scheme, the University has already saved the £5.4 million they lost from funding cuts
· The University has also generated an extra £3.2 million in additional surplus
· It wishes to make a further £1.9 million - not due to funding cuts but for additional surplus
· The University has refused to rule out compulsory redundancies in pursuit of their goal
· It is highly likely that staff will be placed "at risk of redundancy" from January 2016